PowerSchool will help us to empower students to collaborate on projects, teachers to collaborate on instruction, and parents to understand what’s going on.
In the past, teachers used several online providers for sharing classroom news and resources. The Unified Classroom platform combines the previous functions of the PowerSchool Parent Portal for gradebooks and attendance with the ability for teachers to share resources like study guides, practice, quizzes, or create interactive lessons and scaffold instruction in highly visual, meaningful contexts—perfect for engaging and accommodating all learners. Teachers and families won’t have to juggle multiple logins for different school resources on different platforms.
After Monday 08/29/2022, there will be two ways to access your student’s information.
- The PowerSchool App will remain unchanged. You can continue to use the username and password as before and you will be able to find the same information. The PowerSchool App is still available in the iTunes Store or Google Play. To access the Arts Academy app, our district code is: CTFL.
- The online PowerSchool Parent Portal will be available via the link on the Academy’s website.
When you attempt to log into the online ParentPortal for PowerSchool, parents should create a new account. The program will provide instructions on how to complete this process.
To access PowerSchool, you will need to do so using the Access ID sent to families over the summer and the following information.
Use the following steps to create a PowerSchool ParentPortal account:
- Click the PowerSchool logo on the Arts Academy website www.artsacad.net in your internet browser address bar.
- Click Create Account.
- Enter your personal information in the top section and choose a desired username and password. You will be asked for your relationship to the student. Please note usernames, access IDs, and passwords are case sensitive.
- In the Link Students Account section, type your child’s first and last name then enter the parent access ID and password. Continue to link all of your AAW students’ accounts using their first and last name and student-specific AccessID and password. Then submit.
Parent Access ID: ********
Parent Password: ****
- Once finished, go back to the initial PowerSchool log in screen and sign in with your new username and password.
After you set up the Unified Classroom, if you happen to forget your password, you can select “Forgot Password?” The system will send an automatically generated password via email to your email address from ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’.
We recommend adding “@*powerschool.com” to your spam filters/email servers to allow for communication between the Unified Classroom and your email server.
If you have any questions regarding the use of PowerSchool, the Parent Portal, the Unified Classroom, or the app, please contact the school office at 586-294-0391.