Welcome message from the AAW PTA
Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year! The PTO is a group of parents, friends and community members who work together to enhance our children’s learning experience.
During COVID we saw a dramatic decrease in PTO involvement, now that things are looking up we are hopeful you will consider joining us again! Our goal is to raise money to fund programs and purchase supplies that will help our children receive a better education and have a more memorable school year.
The Roles of the PTO
Roles of the PTO in school:
- To encourage all aspects of parent involvement
- To hold parent-based discussions relevant to the school
- To carry out fundraising ventures
- To host social occasions
- To give parents/caregivers a voice within the school
- To facilitate consultation on school policies
- To provide pastoral care to the school community
- To assist the school with activities where parent involvement is required
- To support the school Board of Directors
- To ensure parents and teachers are receiving all the information they need